For all other patients requiring scripts you will be offered a standard appointment/consultation with a GP.
Seniors Script Clinic is run for the convenience of our patients who are on long term medications for chronic medical conditions, and who are regularly reviewed by our Doctors. For the best interests of our patient’s health, the following medications cannot be issued through Script Clinic:
- Schedule 8 medications such as opioids pain medications or sleeping tablets;
- Authority scripts;
- Repeat scripts for antibiotics;
- Medications which can only be prescribed after a consultation eg. Pain medication for acute conditions;
- Viagra & similar medications;
- Medication for smoking cessation;
If you have not seen your Doctor in the last 6 months, you will be required to make a GP Consultation to discuss scripts.
Relatives/Friends are not able to attend Script Clinic on behalf of the patient requiring the script, the patient themselves are required to attend.
If this is physically impossible, please speak with our Nurses and they will be able to advise on the other options available.