COVID - 19
DO NOT COME INTO THE CLINIC IF
- You are experiencing any cold like symptoms,
- If you have been confirmed as having COVID-19, or if you think you may have COVID-19,
- If you have had close contact with someone diagnosed with or suspected of having COVID-19,
- You are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test,
- You have returned from international travel,
- You are living with a diagnosed person,
- You have been advised that you are a close contact and required to isolate
If any of the above apply to you, and in order to help combat the spread of COVID-19, we request that all patients requiring appointments with a Doctor to please phone the Clinic first – please do not come into the Clinic to make an appointment.
What is YDMG doing to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
To protect our staff and patients, we have put a number of steps in place to reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- We are limiting the number of patients who can be in the building in line with Government recommendations
- We are screening all patients for COVID-19 symptoms and risk factors before they can enter the clinic
- All persons coming into the clinic are required to sign in via the Victoria Government mandatory QR Code system – a manual sign-in is available if you do not have access to a smart-phone
- We are screening staff daily
- We have installed cough screens at the front desk
- Our staff are practicing social distancing and we have put social distancing measures in place for patients
- We are practicing frequent hand hygiene and have alcohol hand cleaner readily available
- We are cleaning and disinfecting touch points after each patient
- We are offering Telehealth appointments so patients can have an appointment from the safety of their own home
- We require all staff and patients to wear face masks
- We have provided extra training for our staff
- Our clinical staff are wearing appropriate personal protective equipment
When do I need to self isolate?
You need to self isolate/quarantine if:
- You are awaiting the results of a COVID-19 test
- You are found to have a positive test for COVID-19
- You return from international travel
- You are living with a diagnosed person
- You have been advised that you have come into close contact with a person who is confirmed to have coronavirus (COVID-19)
What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
- Fever, chills or sweats
- Sore throat
- Shortness of breath
- Runny nose
- Loss of sense of smell or taste
(03) 5744 1777
(03) 5744 2483 - FAX
72 WOODS RD,
YARRAWONGA, VIC 3730
Please note if sending to us via email:
a) These email addresses are checked throughout the day by a designated staff member, where emails are read and actioned accordingly, so please be aware of privacy and confidentiality with this mode of deliver,.
b) Electronic information is transmitted over public network using an encrypted format with secure messaging software, c) YDMG have policies, procedures and systemi in place to protect patient confidentiality and privacy but there is still sometimes a risk associated with methods of electronic communication.
Our practice has policies & procedures in place to protect your privacy & confidentiality. There are risks associated with some methods of electronic communication, such as email. Please be aware that communication via electronic means may compromise your privacy and confidentiality.
Please do NOT use email to contact the practice in case of emergency.
If you are wanting to contact your Doctor, please contact our Practice Nurses during our opening hours and leave a message. Your message will be triaged by our nursing staff and forwarded to the Doctor concerned and you will receive a response as soon as practicable.